Why Selling Your Lafayette Area House with a Real Estate Professional Is EssentialSelling your house is no simple task. And when you sell on your own – known as a FSBO (or For Sale by
6 Clever Tips Lighten Lafayette Home Sales Prep
Dated: August 22 2018
If you’ve been living in your Lafayette home for more than a few years, you know that there are some corners that don’t get regular cleaning attention because they’re (let’s be honest) too grungy to deal with. They’re beyond the scope of what anybody wants to face as a regular housekeeping chore.
If you’re beginning to consider listing your Lafayette place, you know you’ll have to get around to dealing with some long passed-over details. But that’s not something to look forward to. In fact, putting these messy details off is a leading cause of SREP—Serial Real Estate Procrastination!
Into the breach comes Houselogic. As part of their “Most Annoying Household Problems Solved” series, the NAR’s website Houselogic really outdid themselves this time. Here are six new tips I’d never seen before. A few are so clever they made me smile:
1. Stove Burners. The fused layers of deeply incinerated debris (aka “that gunky mess”) encrusting the burners won’t come off by normal dish detergent soaking. Houselogic’s no-scrubbing solution: soak them one-by-one in a plastic bag containing
2. Carpet Stains. For splotches set into the carpet, squirt one part vinegar to three parts water on the stain, lay a cotton cloth on top, then set your iron to the hottest steam setting and run it over the cloth for 10 seconds. If the stain isn’t dyed in, it will transfer up onto the cloth.
3. Range Hood Vent Filters. Boil each in a large pan, slowly adding ½ cup of baking soda. It should take about 5 minutes on each half (they’re too big to do in one submersion). Be cautious about dumping the water, though: you don’t want the grease to clog your drain.
4. Tub Grunge. This is an awkward (sometimes, backbreaking) job that’s solved with a self-described “genius idea.” Just attach a scrubbing tool to your hand drill. You can make one yourself using a kitchen scrubby—or buy any commercial drill attachment that guarantees it won’t scratch surfaces.
5. Metal Floor Grates. Run aluminum or steel grates through the dishwasher’s water-only cycle.
6. Clogged Showerheads. (This one sounded vaguely familiar). Tie or tape a baggie of vinegar over the showerhead. Leave it overnight, being sure the little holes are all submerged.
“Deep cleaning” is on every Lafayette home sales preparation punch list—an important part of prepping your house to get a top-of-the-market reception. For a wide-ranging home sales strategy chat, give me a call anytime!
Homes for Sale in Lafayette
Buying? ➡️ bit.ly/3bsanGy
FREE Home Evaluation ➡️ bit.ly/3eEQWvQ
Ted M. Daigle eXp Realty
1720 Kaliste Saloom Rd Suite B-2
Lafayette, Louisiana 70508
Ted M. Daigle | Realtor
About Ted Daigle – Realtor Growing up in Church Point, LA instilled values of hard work and dedication, which has carried over into every aspect of his life, including real estate. This Lafayette r....
Latest Blog Posts
Important Distinction: Homes Are Less Affordable, Not UnaffordableIt’s impossible to research the subject of buying a home without coming across a headline declaring that the fall in home